Re: Girls & Boys

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:18:31 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Julian Lord
>
> >The Emperor of Orlanthi mythology and Yelm, while they are
> >ultimately and from an abstract GL POV the same god, are
> >actually two different characters as concerns 17th century
> >Glorantha.
>
> Untrue. Most Orlanthi today in the 17th century believe
> that Yelm is the Emperor. There was a time when they did
> not but that is ancient history.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

This is good to know. I was just trying to figure that out. It does make sense, since the Orlanthi have warred with the Dara Happans so long, and the parallel between their Yelm and the Evil Emperor should become obvious after a few centuries. :)

But. What about the Sun overhead. Do the Sartarites think that the most poverful sungod is Yelm - The Evil Emperor, ruler of the Solar Tribe. Elmal, by the myths, is supposed to be a warrior of the Solar Tribe, that saw their ways as unjust, and joined Orlanth.

So is the sun passin overhead the Emperor, bound to his duty. Or is it Elmal, partolling the stead of Orlanth.

My apologies if this is on the wrong list. Feel free to crosspost the reply Peter.

        -Adept