Re: Heroic Fantasy Gaming

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:08:49 -0000

> So "Hargart is so angry that his blood boils, and burns his wounds
closed"
> wouldn't cut it? He'd have to say "You know that Godzilla power? I
reckon
> his wounds sealed because his blood boiled. I'm gonna do that!" or
> something. I know which I prefer.

No, I'd prefer, first time round, the former description, followed by a bit of player-narrator discussion ("How does anger cure wounds?" "Well, he's calling up his reserves of energy, boiling out the bad blood, recharging himself from his Otherworldly connections. You know, like Godzilla does in most of his movies when he's had the stuffing beaten out of him!"). Next time around, I'd remember the technique and allow it at the same modifier. The Gojira connection just comes into the 'entertaining the narrator' category.

> I agree that a -20 improv mod is probably appropriate

Yup.

Wulf