Re: Allies

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 11:53:24 -0700

Oops, my reply got away before I saw what Jeff wrote:

> Patrons, on the other hand are fully written up but seldom seen.

Since they're seldom seen, why write them up? (We never did.)

> Being a somewhat cynical narrator, I am always wary of PC's writing
> up
> Allies "in full" as it often ends up being somewhat... skewed. I
> prefer to do the work myself or check over the results very
> carefully.

I think this also contributes to why I tend to keep them at two abilities -- the narrator can add more if needed.

> And taking followers on heroquest? Good luck! Every time my players
> ask that, I have a Knights of the Dinner Table moment.

I actually don't have problems with this -- followers are supposed to be expendable :-) Of course, doing this a lot may make it more difficult to get replacements (it might justify the relationship going down).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein