Re: Re: Olympic numbers

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 06:23:39 +0000

>I must admit, I thought it was
>clear from the rules (my weird interpretations of HW obviously) - we
>take the keywords and apply them. Mile Javelin Throw leaves *no* room
>for misinterpretation - the person throws a Javelin for 1 mile (I'll
>assume land miles and not nautical :-) Now, if you have this at, say,
>17, surely this is the chance of using the feat, then you would check
>your javelin combat ability to see effect (all simple contests assumed
>here)?
>
>If it meant just extra range, it should be called Long Range Javelin or
>Increasing Range Javelin Throw!

No, the names are mean to be the sort of things the locals would make up - not exact descriptions for play. The "Mile Javelin Throw" probably comes from a myth where Vinga throws a javelin a long distance which is said to be a mile. So that is EXACTLY the sort of name a feat to throw javelins a long distance would have.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.