Re: Re: Javelin throwing; affinities/feats

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:09:19 +0100

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:00:27 +0100, philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:

>I think there's a potential issue here. If the only thing that a devotee
>gets is a +3 on using listed feats, is that really worth the extra time
>that has to be spent? Especially if it's someone like Vanganth, who only
>has one affinity. That's only 3HP over 3 sessions. Remind me, what else
>does a devotee get? I'll read up tonight anyway, there's probably something
>I've forgotten. I have a vague recollection that only Devotees can improv
>new feats...

Well, personally I still use -5, not -3, to make it more noticeable (-3 is a pathetically small modifier once you get above 3W). However, initiates have a maximum rating for affinities (although it's 10W2 if I remember right, so not too limiting!), only devotees can learn secrets, and (strictly according to the written rules), only devotees can join hero cults (the initiate section only lists cults & subcults, devotee lists these plus hero cults). A devotee also probably gets a better meal and a warmer bed.

Wulf