Re: Javelin throwing; affinities/feats

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:23:53 -0000

> I think there's a potential issue here. If the only thing that a
devotee
> gets is a +3 on using listed feats, is that really worth the extra
time
> that has to be spent? Especially if it's someone like Vanganth, who
only
> has one affinity. That's only 3HP over 3 sessions. Remind me, what
else
> does a devotee get? I'll read up tonight anyway, there's probably
something
> I've forgotten. I have a vague recollection that only Devotees can
improv
> new feats...

Devotee's have a few other advantages -- NO alien world modifier anywhere in the God Plane (and they get a +10 when they are in their god's turf). Initiates will take penalties anywhere outside their pantheon.

Initiates cannot raise any Initiate Of or associated Affinities past 10w2. And for that, I include augmentation and ritual magic. Devotees are not so limited.

And, at least in MY glorantha, I give devotees a better benifit of the
doubt when imposing improv modifiers for funky and strange feats that are at least plausible.

At the lower end of the scale, Initiates and Devotees are not that different but at the higher end, it becomes very significant.

Hope this helps,

Jeff Kyer