Re: Re: Javelin throwing; affinities/feats

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:42:01 +0100

Me:
>>players should be encouraged to make up their own feats.
>>---

SDempsey:
>Not in my game they're not!
>Unless of course they come up with a mythological justification
>for the feat and a social justification as to why their clan/
>city should have that feat instead of another.

I haven't read up on Lunar magic, but I can imagine it would be less freeform than Orlanthi magic. However, I think insisting on the player coming up with mythological justifications is a bit harsh. Do you have mythological justifications for the "listed" feats? I'm not, in general, in favour of heaping even more roleplaying disadvantages on players who aren't very good at making up good material on the spur of the moment. If your group are all fairly good improvisers, though, I'm sure it would work. Are you the chap that's running Simon's game?

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.