Availability of Healing; Associate Cults...

From: Sarah Newton <sarah.newton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:52:51 -0000

Hi everyone!

A couple of things occurred to me whilst pondering the HW rules t'other day. They're questions derived from the ole RQ-Glorantha, so pls forgive me in advance.

Does anyone have any opinions about the availability of healing magic in HW? Our campaign now (finally!) has an initiate of Bevara to provide urgent attention - but this is feeling a little like the old D&D character classes, which kind of feels different from the way we've traditionally played Glorantha.

Previous characters (in RQ, yes!) have had Healing Battle Magic even when initiates of Humakt or Orlanth or whatever - and now according to the rules I can't see that this is the case. Any thoughts?

Secondly, Associate Cults - do they still exist? Frex, Chalana Arroy providing Healing Trance (or whatever, I forget!) to Orlanth, or Orlanth providing Telekinesis (RQ again, sorry) to Issaries, were useful developments of the cults. Now we seem to have the idea of the Pantheon, where as far as I can see you can attempt to improvise Feats belonging to deities you're not even initiated to. How far does this go (the Rules show a Humakti calling upon Urox when the house collapses on him, frex) - or am I missing something?

Just curious! Look forward to your responses!

Big grins, and best regards,

Sarah