Re: Re: Javelin throwing; affinities/feats

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:33:18 +0100

Wulf:
>Well, that 'hike' (2 points is a pretty small hike...)
>is one way to reduce Mastery inflation,

That depends on what you mean by "Mastery inflation", I don't believe there is such a phenomenon.

Wulf:
>Apparently Greg said -10... however, I still say -5, because
>of the 'standard' numbers:-
>a) Standard starter character magic is 17 - with a -5 it drops
>to 12, the standard new skill rating

What did Greg say -10 for? Are we still talking about the improv modifier for Initiates using non-listed feats? If so, it's -3, the same as listed feats.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.