if feats are re-enactments of past heroic deeds....

From: steven mathers <stevenmathers_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:46:15 -0000

...then how can you improvise one?

Im still on my 'morden defends the camp' theme here. If I re-enact a past heoric deed by one of the great ones, then fine, shouldnt I get the same outcome as the deed, assuming it has been re-enacted perfectly?

But how can I re-enact something that never happened? That doesnt stop a player character from doing something really grody/amazing, and thus *inventing* a new feat I suppose. Part of the path to greatness. If your character does something that other characters start trying to emulate, then thats all part of the *magic* of glorantha...repetition makes magic.

I guess Im second gressing the author here, but this magic system seems less like a system than a rag-tag collection of themes bolted together -- theism AND shamanism AND mysticism AND sorcery? Its trying to be all things to all men, and thats a pretty big ask.

stef