Re: Digest Number 288

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:03:17 -0000

> Makes sense. I've decided in my games that any Thunder brother
devotee can
> learn affinities from other Thunder brothers (including Orlanth A)
by
> joining the appropriate subcult.

This is something I've been thinking about for our campaign. What physical/social structure is needed to join a subcult? Or a full cult? Do you need a temple within a day's reach? A week? Just a related tample (Orlanth covers all Aspects, plus Thunder Brothers, etc.), or more specific? Does the requirement differ for Initiates and Devotees (Devotees must attend temple every day)? Currently, we're saying you need a shrine/temple available about weekly for an Initiate, daily for a Devotee, but subcults, hero cults, etc. are covered by the 'main' deities' shrines. This, of course, limits the available cults, as we're limiting the numbers of different shrines in our clan to about the number that could exist in KoDP. So we've no Humakti currently, and are unlikely to get any without a shrine.

Wulf