Re: Simple vs Extended

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:00:34 +0200

Phil Hibbs:

> I agree, I use simple contests only where the outcome of the scenario
> doesn't depend on the die roll.

I think that whether the outcome of the scenario depends on the contest or not isn't necessarily the best criterion for deciding which contest type to use. No matter how important the contest is, if it cannot be portrayed as an ongoing process, an extended contest makes no sense. Another contest which doesn't decide the outcome of the scenario can still be dramatically interesting and fun to run as an extended contest.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com