Re: Turn Blow & Confuse Target feats

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:52:42 -0000

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_flyingtrollkin.html,
> > and I'm a bit puzzled as to how the "Turn Blow Against Wielder"
feat
> > might work.
>
> Sounds just like a defensive feat to me. "I attack the troll, 7
AP."
> "I turn the blow back." Priestess wins exchange, attacker loses 7
AP.

That seems reasonable to me. particuarly if she wins, she's turned back the blow. A very nice, widely applicable feat. With our discussion here earlier about feats that don't augment -- this might be one of them.

> Tom

> I almost never use feats as unrelated action. They almost always
> relate to the ongoing contest -- it's a different means of
defeating
> the enemy, so it falls into the switching abilities rules instead.

We often see them as augments being done as unrelated actions -- usually when we're being ambushed or caught short before the commencement of Truly Rightous Combat (tm).

> > Are there circumstances when
> > being knocked down to less than 0APs doesn't actually knock you
out
> > of the fight?
>
> None I'm aware of, unless it's an unusual power.

If you are running some of the various Storm Bull or Uroxi "Fight While Maimed or Hacked To Pieces" magics, yes. Chaotic features too (does not appear harmed). Or if you're something that just doesn't get
knocked out or down like skeletons, zombies, golems and similar constructs. However, I agree that its a rarity in Hero Wars.

Jeff