Illusions, Pavis, and Archery

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 01:36:05 -0000

I wasn't focussing on the Heortling identity of the region, but assuming Pavis was King Chicken, at least in the city. In fact it was Orlanth all along, although this could well have been an indirect ruling position in the old days, with Orlanth being only one of several cults that held prominence (alongside certain draconic twinges)

Pavis being part of the Storm Pantheon would have been the case even in the original city. So far Greg hasn't contradicted my ideas that Pavis was an Issaries worshipper, but he might of course - and of course this may turn out to only be a small part of what Pavis was

Archery - we playtested an idea (which may have been discussed here - apologies that I don't have time to search) - making each bow shot a simple contest against Tough or Agile, or even any Combat including a Shield. Using the table in the boxed set handout that shows Hurt, Injured, Dying etc. It seemed to work excellently, especially as multiple attacker penalties make it realisticaly insane for a single person to attack a group of archers. Narrator should probably impose penalties to the defensive skill according to terrain - ie a single person with a shield running up a long bare hill towards a prepared archer could be on -10 with any defense skill
(short distance up bare hill, or long distance across an area with
some cover -5) Seemed to work well after our initial confusion over the archery rules so I thought I'd mention it. Regarding the AP, we decided that the archer uses starting AP and in most instances none are lost by the bowman (at least that's my understanding - can't say I fully comprehend AP yet, which is part of the reasons I have a fairly non-com PC)