Re: Donadar's Illusions

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:24:09 -0000

> According to the RQ3 roolz and the GoG writeup, Donandar only taught
> the illusions of sight, motion and sound. For an illusion to be
> capable of movement (ie not just a pretty picture), it must have
> motion. Form is just vision and for an illusion to be capable of
> being touched and hurting other people, it must have substance
which
> Donandar does not teach.

Hmm... I'd forgotten/missed that, we never used illusions in RQ as far as I remember.

> Thus far RQ3. Remember in Glorantha, an illusion is temporary
reality
> and can't be "disbelieved".

Agreed it will not be dismissed by disbelief, but it's falsity can be detected. I guess that wouldn't affect illusary touch though.

> Spectral Voice, Phantasmal Sounds, Unseen Stage Lights,
> Illusionary Disguise, Strings of the Puppeteer.
>
> Voice covers intelligible noice while sounds is for music and
> other sound effects. Lights is to provide light while disguise
> is intended to make something look as it is not. Strings of
> the Puppeteer is intended to move the illusions around although
> it can also be used on another person.

Again, though, are you intending to have them used separately? So an illusary person takes three actions to create, sound, vision, movement? Incidently, your list does not seem to include straightforward visible illusions, unless that's covered under lights.

> A substance illusion could act as an edge or augment to a normal
weapon.
> By itself, it can be used as a rank zero weapon with the affinity's
skill.
> Donandar Bards could improvise this but I doubt it's something they
> normally bother with.

So they COULD create illusary substance? The Pupeteers certainly seem to, being a competent combat unit in WB&RM/DP.

Wulf