Re: Re: Donadar's Illusions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:08:38 +1200

At 09:24 AM 9/28/00 -0000, you wrote:

>> Voice covers intelligible noice while sounds is for music and
>> other sound effects. Lights is to provide light while disguise
>> is intended to make something look as it is not. Strings of
>> the Puppeteer is intended to move the illusions around although
>> it can also be used on another person.

>Again, though, are you intending to have them used separately?

Yes.

>So an
>illusary person takes three actions to create, sound, vision,
>movement?

Unless you can think of some way of multispell, yes.

>Incidently, your list does not seem to include
>straightforward visible illusions, unless that's covered under lights.

I was intending it to go under Disguise but I'm buggered for a better name at the mo.

>> Donandar Bards could improvise this but I doubt it's something they
>> normally bother with.

>So they COULD create illusary substance?

Using the illusory affinity, I suppose. But it is not their day job.

>The Pupeteers certainly seem
>to, being a competent combat unit in WB&RM/DP.

Strings of the Pupeeteer and a disguised pit work wonders in adding combat factor.

--Peter Metcalfe