Re: Re: Donandar's Illusions

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:54:46 +1000

Julian Lord wrote:

> Wulf Corbett :
>
> > The Illusion affinity consists of the Feats: Create Sound, Create
> > Form, Create Movement.
>
> Far too RuneQuesty IMO ; not that I ever liked the RQ Illusion rules
> in the first place ...

Agreed!

> > My immediate thought was that a single 'casting' of illusion magic
> > ought to cover more than one sense, if it's good enough.
>
> Why go half way ? Illusions are temporary reality, so all senses can
> be affected : depending on the nature of the illusion.

Not just the obvious senses. IMHO *everything* in Glorantha can be illuded to (sorry bout that :-) This includes any feat or affinity, any relationship (!), anything physical or spiritual (eg. illusory POW in RQ3 sense). Given that illusion is not a widely practised art/effect, many of the more powerful like relationship to a god may not be easily learn't (only from Eurmal or even Tyleana (sp!?)).

Rob