Re: Illusions

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:56:38 -0000

In Glorantha, I think so but I am willing to be convinced otherwise. The key phrase is that an illusion is a temporary piece of reality.

> Can an illusion be 'programmed'? In the RQ rules, I ran it that any
> movement or change in an illusion required active control by the
caster.
> This makes rules sense, but doesn't fit the way illusion is
normally used
> in stories.

As above. If you have the ability of sufficient rating to give it abilities then it can move under its own steam without your concentration. But often, it will be easier to controll it directly.

> An old chestnut, I've never seen any rules that have a good answer:
does an
> illusion of a light source cast light on its surroundings?

Definitely yes. It _is_ a piece of temporary reality.

regards,
Charles