Re: Re: Digest Number 297

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 00:24:16 +0100

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000 22:06:37 -0000, " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> A simple restriction would be that every ability must be learned as
>> separate feat from a separate teacher, like the Trickster Rune
>Spells
>
>That works well. I actually prefer this method -- if illusions were
>easy, everyone would be doing them.

Oh, I don't know, sewerage work isn't HARDER than gardening...

>The Tiger would be something like what is in Anaxial but there'd be
>problems -- the restistance might be that critter's best trait.

I'd still allow a variable resistance, and a limited set of abilities. If all you can manage is Tiger 12(Claw & Bite^0, Large) -Resistance 15 - then you'll get a fairly poor tiger (defence in combat would be 9 I'd say, Claw & Bite -3), but at least you would HAVE a tiger, and that would be rare enough!

>Hope this helps. Sorry for sounding huffy earlier.

No problem, I was thinking the same thing... The rules I started with weren't meant to be complete, just a basic game mechanic. They always needed extras added on. The same method could apply to Sorcerous illusions. I'd imagine the basic Donadar set would be:

Illusion (Mood Lighting, Sound Effects, Disguise Self, Costume)

You could then cast Sound Effects 17(Thunder, Howling Wind) - resistance 20 - and Mood Lighting 17 (Lightning, Gloom) - resistance 20 - for the Scottish Play (Ralian Play?).

Wulf