Re: Digest Number 297

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 00:55:26 -0000

> >easy, everyone would be doing them.

> Oh, I don't know, sewerage work isn't HARDER than gardening...

Been there. Done that. Bleck, bleck, icky bleck.

> >The Tiger would be something like what is in Anaxial but there'd
be
> >problems -- the restistance might be that critter's best trait.
>
> I'd still allow a variable resistance, and a limited set of
abilities.
> If all you can manage is Tiger 12(Claw & Bite^0, Large) -Resistance
15
> - then you'll get a fairly poor tiger (defence in combat would be 9
> I'd say, Claw & Bite -3), but at least you would HAVE a tiger, and
> that would be rare enough!

I should have said, that the resistance would be the tiger and you'd not get any of the traits higher than the LOWER of your ablity or the tiger's maximum ablity....

> needed extras added on. The same method could apply to Sorcerous
> illusions. I'd imagine the basic Donadar set would be:
>
> Illusion (Mood Lighting, Sound Effects, Disguise Self, Costume)

Hmm. Something like that. The group I run on Wednesdays's ran into the Pupperteer troup -- they lost their shadows briefly to them. [I like my special effects and grace notes. Besides, who really needs their shadow... =) ]

> You could then cast Sound Effects 17(Thunder, Howling Wind) -
> resistance 20 - and Mood Lighting 17 (Lightning, Gloom) - resistance
> 20 - for the Scottish Play (Ralian Play?).
>
> Wulf

Volsax play. And of course, if you say the play's name, do the Donadar Cultists do strange ritualized things to keep away the bad luck?

Jeff