Re: armor values

From: bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone this is a resend of my first post, I do not think it went through last time (or it did and nobody cares about this topic!).

Having recently secured Anaxial's Roster I must say it is quite well edited and in general put together compared to previous HW books.

I do have one question regarding armor numbers. IMO the edges given for most creatures armor seem low and/or out of porportion. I wonder what other who play with edges/handicaps think?

For example dragon scales are ^9, but human plate and shield is ^5--so are dragon scales not even x2 as strong? Hmmm. I would think a 3 to 1 ratio would be a bit more realistic. I also noticed krarschtkid chitin is rated as a ^5--same as plate and shiled? Hmmmm. My other concern was the changes in troll skin armor--dark do not have any, and great trolls ^1.

For those of you who like the added detail of weapons and armor, vs those content to imagine through AP bids, I would like your feedback.

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15 Free! http://photos.yahoo.com/