Re: Re: armor values

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:21:57 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, bryan neff wrote:

<snip>
> For example dragon scales are ^9, but human plate and
> shield is ^5--so are dragon scales not even x2 as
> strong? Hmmm. I would think a 3 to 1 ratio would be a
> bit more realistic.

Aiiiiii! Vade retro!

The RQ-3 dream dragon with it's 24 point armor was past silly and straight into idiotic.

The neat RQ-2 one had armor ranging 4 - 10. So it was on either side of platemail (which I suppose means an early Greek style bronze cuirass).

> I also noticed krarschtkid chitin
> is rated as a ^5--same as plate and shiled? Hmmmm. My
> other concern was the changes in troll skin
> armor--dark do not have any, and great trolls ^1.
>
> For those of you who like the added detail of weapons
> and armor, vs those content to imagine through AP
> bids, I would like your feedback.
>
> Thanks.

I think the edge 9 for a dragons hide is plenty! We are talking dream dragons here, aren't we (haven't got my copy yet)

        -Adept