Fleshing out armour & weapons...

From: Newton, Sarah <sarah.newton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:17:32 -0400

Hi everyone,

Bryan asked if anyone had tried fleshing out the weapons and armour of HW into a more colourful list...

Well, at the risk of falling foul of any anti-RQ purists out there (grin!) - I've converted some of the old RQ weapons and armour lists for my HW campaign (example Melee Weapons below). Purists - please grit your collective teeth over the "Enc" and "Cost" columns!

One thing I really _can't_ work out is what to do with different types of shields!!! <grin>

There's more if anyone wants to see it...

Weapon Type			Weapon		Rank	Enc	Cost
Axe, One Handed		Battle Axe		3	2	40L
				Hatchet		1	1	25L
Axe, Two Handed		Battle Axe		4	2	40L
				Great Axe		5	3	50L
				Pole Axe		5	3	75L
				Rhomphia		4	2	50L
Dagger			Dagger		1	0	20L
Fist				Fist			0	-	-
				Heavy Cestus	2	1	40L
				Light Cestus	1	0	25L
Flail, One Handed		Grain Flail		2	1	10L
				War Flail		3	2	75L
Flail, Two Handed		Military Flail	5	3	75L
Hammer, One Handed	War Hammer / Pick	3	1	50L
Hammer, Two Handed	Great Hammer	5	3	75L
Mace, One Handed		Heavy Mace		3	2	40L
				Light Mace		2	1	15L
Maul				Heavy Mace		4	2	40L
				Maul			5	3	40L
				Quarterstaff	3	2	10L
Morning Star Flail	Morning Star Flail3	2	100L
Pike				Pike			5	3	30L
Rapier			Rapier		2	1	100L
Shortsword			Shortsword		2	1	25L
Sickle			Sickle		2	1	30L
Spear, One Handed		Long Spear		3	3	20L
				Short Spear		2	2	15L
				Lance			3	3	30L
Spear, Two Handed		Long Spear		4	3	20L
				Short Spear		3	2	15L
Sword, One Handed		Bastard Sword	3	1	75L
				Broadsword		3	1	50L
				Scimitar		3	1	50L
Sword, Two Handed		Bastard Sword	4	1	75L
				Greatsword		5	2	150L

Best regards,

Sarah