Re: >Subject: Re: Re: armor values

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 22:15:12 +0300 (EET DST)

> One implication is that ranks can't exceed 6 for mundane weapons (and
> eventhen you might want special circumstances to apply, e.g., only strong
> characters can wield rank 6 weapons).
>
> Thom
>
> (BTW does anyone allow Heavy Shield or Great Shield to give +2 armour rank)

Superior Enchanted Iron greatsword = ^8

greatsword =  ^5
superior   = +^1
ench. iron = +^2

Superior enchanted copper shield. = ^4

Shield 	   = ^1
superior   =+^1
en. copper =+^2??

The latter one is more of a problem. Since the shields are so underappreciated in the system, maybe the enchanted copper bonus should be halved to just +^1

Still, an ironmostali with full platemail, warhammer and shield would be hard to dent.

Mostali (+1) steel (+2) platemail (^4 without shield) with mostali (+1) steel (+2) shield (^1)

Would have a defensive edge of ^11

And a mostali (+1) steel (+2) warhammer (^3)

For an offensive edge of ^6 with a one handed weapon.

I'd also say that the warhammer halves the opponents defensive edge when using the pointy end, but when so used get's stuck when the mostali get's fumble on attacking.

Happily crunching the numbers...

        -Adept