Re: Re: Zorak Zoran Draft Write-up

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:50:28 +1300

At 10:55 4/10/00 +0000, you wrote:

> > I don't think wrest salamander should be a mental skill. It is
> > a magical feat of Zorak Zoran.

>I had trouble with this one... Could it be a stand alone "feat" of
>ZZ, without any obvious "parent" affinity?

It could. It could even be a hero cult of Zorak Zoran.

> > Lead Death's Legions (Induct Corpse, Induct Spirit, Summon Shade,
> > Command Death's Legionnaire, Rally Troops)
> > Hate (Beserk, Howl of Fear, Maul Elf, Vanquish Dwarf, Smite Chaos)
> > Vengeance (Crush, Open Wounds, Bludgeon Soul, Mark for Retribution,
> > Remember Ancient Wrongs)

>Like I say - I like these! However, don't you think there should be
>some Darkness / Disorder connections in the Runic Affinities
>somewhere?

Shades and undead were Zorak Zoran's darkness related abilities in RQ3 and Berserk was the only disorderly ability that he had.

>The three affinities you show don't clearly differentiate as far as
>I can see - aren't they Death-with-Darkness, Death-with-Hate, and
>Death-with-Vengeance? Praps I'm misunderstanding HW, but I've been
>assuming Gods (etc) have Affinities in each of their discrete Runes
>(whether they have GL names or not). Any thoughts?

Well, Death is the raison d'etre of Zorak AFAIK, and thus I don't have a problem with this coloring his affinities.

> > The real secret behind Zorak Zoran is that he knows how to use
> > Death/Fire. Thus I would expect his secret to be something like
> > a fire affinity. You might call it Amanstan's Fire or something
> > like that.

>Happy with this - praps it's the Affinity Zorak Zorani get
>their "basic" Wrest Salamander From Amanstan Feat from?

Yup. I do think they get this secret by duplicating the wrest from amanstan quest.

--Peter Metcalfe