Re: Re: Zorak Zoran Draft Write-up

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:46:19 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Sarah Newton wrote:

> Many thanks for all the great comments on the ZZ draft cult writeup
> (especially Ian's 'little' PS that ZZ is animist... groan... <grin>).

I think ZZ responds to the regular trollish "worship" which is something between theism and animism. I have no need to define it further at the moment. Somehow feats seem more right than fiddling with spirits, though.

> That notwithstanding, the ideas we're all coming up with are clearly
> a basically theistic approach to ZZ, so I'll continue in that vein at
> the moment. I did notice that Glorantha:Introduction to the Hero
> Wars shifted ZZ slightly by referring to him as a Demon rather than
> as a God - which threw me completely, as I've no clear idea how
> Demons are worshipped... That said, all the ZZ trolls in _my_
> Glorantha certainly _think_ they're worshipping ZZ as a deity...;-)

In my Glorantha ZZ is a demon of darkness, pretty much like Kyger Litor. Kyger Litor became important by spawning the Uzuz. ZZ was a small and insignificant thing, bitter and jelous, but became important when he got hold of death and conquered fire.

So I think the definition of a troll "god" is pretty hazy.

        -Adept