Re: Re: Re: Zorak Zoran Draft Write-up

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 12:31:18 +1300

Jeff Kyer:

> > >One facet that continally crops up in ZZ mythology is his eating (no
> > >surprise there) other powers and taking their abilities for his own.

> > Er. Don't you have him confused with Bagog?

>Not really. I was re-reading the Drastic Resolutions: Darkness
>writeups. Many, many, many demons seem tohave been smote, whacked on
>and then forced to serve their new master -- or simply gave him new
>powers after he ate them.

I don't consider Drastic Darkness writeup of Zorak the devourer to be something that continually crops up in Zorak Mythology. Devouring things is a normal attribute of darkness creatures in general but Zorak doesn't appear to have gained any powers from Flamal and I'm especially dubious about his devouring Iron. Moreover he doesn't appear to have gained anything from his battles against Chaos...

--Peter Metcalfe