Re: Zorak Zoran Cult Write-up - Second Draft

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:05:53 +0300 (EET DST)

Not bad at all. Still has the confusion about death (Humakt's blade) and fire. But that's mostly in the classic material referensed from old versions of the cult writeup. Not a bad think necessarily (since I think ZZ gained death from Humakt (indirectly and with Eurmals "help")

I think ZZ should be called death and fire incarnate, but not darkness. I think Zorak Zoran has been badly burned by the forces he controls, especially Fire. [See the early myth in which Zorak Zoran, Xiola Umbar and Argan Argar encounter an embryo Firegod]

I've always played ZZ as something that trolls immediately recognize as something other than a troll. He is a smallish, twisted old troll-like figure, full of malicious power and with a third eye on his forehead. ZZ is a bit like a hideous trickster figure of the uz.

	-Adept (who would make the fire powers be a handicap to any
		darkness magic the Zorak Zorani tries to use)