Associate Cult Feat Method Was Re: character narrative

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 16:10:02 -0000

This would more or less be the case.

However, since he's 'paying' for these additional feats with some of his 100 words, I'd be happy not to deprive him of some of the feats that he'd be entiled to as an Odaylan.

However, any feat which does not fit into an affinity is a magical trick that he's learned himself. It is, btw, possible to take additional affinities with his writeup -- one of our players used 'And
he learned Brevara's Healing Magics from his mother' in playtest (Healing Affinity 13, Relationship: Mother The Healer 13).

I would point out that this use of the narrative writeup (which cna be
used in play as well) is a perfect way for those who are bound and bent on getting Associate Cults back to do so.

For example: (blahblahblah) ...and from the Uroxi he learned Berserk.

Or just learn the feat during the course of various games as a stand-alone feat (treat as magical talent that starts at 12. Perhaps a narrator might require the player to get a relationship with the appropriate temple or cult but I think that, if Association is as casual as it seemed, this would not be necessary. Buying a feat at 12
is hardly a pocket Stormbringer, afterall)

It has the virtue of using the rules as they are without bending anything too much out of shape.

Jeff