RE: Re: Zorak Zoran

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:27:02 -0400

> From: Phil Hibbs
> > From: Tim Ellis
> > I don't know. I think that Zorak Zoran is a troll in the same
> > way that Orlanth is a man, or, to come out of Glorantha, Zeus
> > or Thor or Odin are men.
>
> Yawn. Sorry, I don't think that all gods have to be
> homomorphosized by their
> worshippers. Trolls are very literal, you iz what you iz - if you're a
> pre-Uz darkness demon, then why should uz think you are like
> uz? Likewise, I don't think Uz have any truck with
> transgenderism in any way shape or form.

Let's see. If you go up to your friendly neighborhood Death Lord, and tell him that his god is NOT a troll, he will say, "Yes, because he is a pre-Uz demon."

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. I think that he will just pound you into a nice pâté, then say "We are Uz" as he walks off.

Many (if not most) primitive groups seem to name themselves "The People" or "The Real People", so I am quite certain that "Uz" means *us*. And, even if ZZ was once the being known as Shargash, as some on the Glorantha Digest have suggested, He is now one of *us*, from the Troll POV, and entitled to the term Uz. They might say that He is god-uz vs. uzuz or uzko, but He will be Uz.