Re: items in narrative

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:07:33 -0700

Bryan

> > The Mighty Hunting Bow could be an ability 13 or
> > just confer a permanent
> > edge (^2) or some other bonus (extra range) at the
> > narrator's discretion.
>
> I like the idea of an ability rating--I hadn't looked
> at it that way. With an ability rating I could
> improvise edges and bonuses in different situations.
> Yes, I like that.

Any item listed in the character writeup should be given a rating, even if it seems like a mundane. (My character Nallindia's boat "Snapper" wasn't magical in my original conception, but it sort of turned that way in play, which probably encouraged me to put points into it.)

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein