Re: Sorcery Question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:00:16 -0700

> HW p192 "Blessings & Curses require the extraordinary support of the
> liturgists congregation, and are not affected by the normal multiple
> target modifiers"
>
> Ibid. "The Congregation lends extraordinary support, and the modifiers
> for holy days and sacred places apply ... Curses are resisted by the
> best resistance of the target, with the appropriate multiple target
> modifiers"
>
> My best guess at the moment is that the multiple target does not apply
> to Blessings, but does apply to curses - bearing in mind that the
> narrator could always treat 'an army' or 'a village' as a single entity

Correct - by participating in the ceremony, "the congregation" is blessed as a single entity. Enemies are not part of "our congregation". If you could curse your enemies easily than the Kingdom of War would be a magically-blasted wasteland (okay, magically blasted by the Loskalmi, rather than the KingdomofWarians)

If a Liturgists wanted to bless someone *not* at the ceremony, such as "our boys in the field", then multiple targets *do* apply unless there is some major connection between the Liturgist and the "boys in the field".

RR