Re: The Noble Art of Running Away

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:18:46 -0000

> Perhaps Andrew Graham's suggestion of dazed/hurt still being able
to intiate a running away contest is a good suggestion (with reset AP's). After all if the PC's lose to a bunch of chaos fiends I can imagine they would want the option of running away.

I agree with this (especially as it's my PCs that'll be running away from Andy's NPCs...), except the resetting AP. If the intention was to drive off the enemy, they don't NEED reset AP, as you will be letting them go anyway. Whatever the result (barring death), they can run, stumble or crawl away anyway. If your intention was to kill or capture, they shouldn't get reset AP, as that defeats the purpose of the extended contest mechanic. So either way, they shouldn't get reset AP...

Wulf