Re: Re: Sorcery Question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:09:02 -0700

> I assume "The Congregation" only gets the benefits of the Blessing
> when ACTING as a single entity, rather than each individual wandering
> around doing his/her/its own thing with benefits to whatever
> applicable actions?

It depends on the blessing used, and the makeup of the congregation. A military unit is an obvious example of the congregation "being a single entity", but what about the little village with a merchant, a couple milkmaids, some farmers, and the single town guard? If they all attend weekly service and are specially blessed by the visiting bishop, are they considered working as a single entity (a village), or on their own?

> P.S. You can tell how much I know about Sorcery so far, in that I've
> no idea what a Blessing actually DOES... But I assume Theists could
> do the same sort of thing to "The Fyrd". If everyone had a +1 Fight
> Against Uz because a Vingan gave them a pep talk before the battle
> it'd be a pretty effective pep talk!

Blessings usually provide some form of enhancement - usually (but not always) an edge.

RR