Re: items in narrative

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:06:16 -0000

Just a quick compare & contrast with RuneQuest. My favorite runequest character was essentially a skirmisher, but against the most monstrous foes always seemed to end up fighting with his spear, and striking the killing blow with it. That spear killed a vampire, a sea monster, a chaos horror, amongst many other things. I always wanted to take that spear and do something special with it, since I knew my character had more faith in it than any other weapon on earth.....but how? In Runequest only through cludgy spell matrices. In contrast, in herowars, I could buy it the ability "Slay Monstrous Foe," an augment that I could use when facing particularly horrific enemies. (Jeff, if I ever convert Nylek, the spear is going in the write up!)

--Bryan T.