Animist Question

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:31:55 -0700

Hey All,

  Question: Can a shaman summon a spirit without a fetish if s/he wants to use that spirit immediately? An example would be a sending, I want to burn the neighbour's crops and summon a fire spirit, instead of binding it I command it to burn the field.

  Taking this to another level, could a shaman summon many spirits, with no fetish, if he is using them immediately? An example would be for a battle. The shaman spends the night summoning spirits and sends them at the enemy line in the morning. Or, he spends the night summoning spirits and sending them at the enemy's camp harrying them all night.

  If the "in the morning" part requires a fetish for each spirit, and the shaman only wants it to be one use I would assume that no hero points are required; comments?

Thanks in advance,

Wesley