Re: Animist Question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:12:37 -0000

> >Me>So where do ghosts and disease spirits get their physical bodies
> > >from?

> Look at Anaxial's Roster p188
>
> Otherworld entities suffer the alien world modifier when
> they are in the Inner Plane or any Outer World except their
> own (see Narrator's Book p32). *This reduction is already
> reflected in the statistics provided here*. If a hero
> encounters an entity on its native plane (e.g. a nymph in
> the Spirit World, a certamus in the Sky Realm or a
Monocerous
> in the Sorcery Plane), increase all its abilities by +20.

Fine, so all the Shamans who go looking for disease or healing spirits better be damned good at their job, as they'll have to defeat a Might 30 spirit to get the use of a Might 10 one. There will be very very few integrated disease/healing spirits (or Passion Spirits, if I remember rightly.

This does not sound like any situation I've heard of in Glorantha.

> I don't have much time for theories that require significant _ad
> hoc_ exceptions for common classes of spirits without compelling
> reasons.

I thought the whole point of HW was improvising things? Or does this dislike apply only to spirits?

Wulf