Re: Re: Animist Question

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:12:09 +1300

At 10:54 12/10/00 +0000, you wrote:

> > No. They are summoning the spirit into this world.

>That is definitely not how I read the Shamanic circle rules - the
>circle creates a 'door' into the spirit world, and the shaman does
>his work there, same as a theistic ceremony moves to the Gods world.

But so long as the Shaman is within the circle, he is still in the mundane world. It's what weakens the spirits and makes them easier to handle.

>Otherwise, breaking the circle could hardly leave you stranded on the
>Otherside.

On the contrary, he's summoned up the spirit world and it's straining at the bounds of his circle. If it is broken, then he could be washed into the spirit world by the resulting surge.

--Peter Metcalfe