Re: Weapon rank question

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:38:52 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Alexandre Lanciani wrote:

> Hi all!

Hello Alexandre

> According to (my reading of) the rules the answer seems to be no. Though
> it'd make sense IMO: if a handicap is an increase of the risk it entails to
> achieve something, then certainly attacking someone armed with a better,
> longer, scarier (i.e., with an higher rank) weapon is a handicap.

Hero Wars is not detailed enough to take in details like reach. (Ever RQ didn't much)

So in HW the greatsword wielder get's a high rank (^7 with an Iron Greatsword) in offense, but loses the shield rank in defense.

So Iron greatsword & bronze Chainmail

=> ^7 offense, ^4 defense

I'd keep the ranks. HW has precious little detail as it is.

        -Adept