Re: Weapon rank question

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:04:57 -0000

David Dunham will say drop the ranks anyway... Me, I'll probably just forget about them in the heat of the moment until some smart-aleck player says "Hey, don't I get a ^2 for using a sword..."

I'd agree with your reading of the rules, and apply ranks only for offence or defence not both. (If you can apply your greatsword rank to defence, why not your Broadsword? all of a sudden your defensive rank with "Broadsword & Shield" has shot up, which means two "standard" warriors with broadsword & shield now both have a net defensive bonus rather than cancelling out nicely...

Having said that, If you want to apply a special "Reach" rank/edge/bonus to Greatsword in your game, don't let any of us stop you!