Re: Re: Sorcery Question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:35:14 -0700

> > > I assume "The Congregation" only gets the benefits of the Blessing
> > > when ACTING as a single entity, rather than each individual
> > > wandering
> > > around doing his/her/its own thing with benefits to whatever
> > > applicable actions?
> >
> > It depends on the blessing used, and the makeup of the congregation
>
> Since the mechanic for the blessing is that the Liturgist makes
> a "Lead Prayer" roll, gianing exceptional support from the
> congregation, I think that to gain the benefits without
> costing "multiple targets" reisitance, the congregation has to be
> taking part in the worship ceremony in some way to benefit.

Sorry, misunderstood you.

You are Correct - to get the effects of the blessing, you (generally) have to be part of the congregation, stand when you're supposed to stand, sing the right words, etc.

What I was commenting on was the use of the blessing *after* the congregation leaves church - a military unit can be sen as a single "unit" and doing the same things, so their +^5 Sword Blessing works, but I can see situations where the congregation is made up of several different types of people, who "wander around doing his/her/its own thing (plowing, milking cows, selling stuff, keeping a watch on the town gate, etc) but still get the benefits of the blessing (whatever the heck it was) that morning.

RR