Re: Re: Animist Question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:54:15 +0100

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:12:09 +1300, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

>> > No. They are summoning the spirit into this world.
>
>>That is definitely not how I read the Shamanic circle rules - the
>>circle creates a 'door' into the spirit world, and the shaman does
>>his work there, same as a theistic ceremony moves to the Gods world.
>
>But so long as the Shaman is within the circle, he is still in
>the mundane world. It's what weakens the spirits and makes them
>easier to handle.

Reading the Narrator's book p25, I see the point. The sentence "When the ceremony is done, the worshippers can see the Spirit World outside the circle"
and
"To step outside the circle is to enter the Spirit World" clearly support you, but
"When they return to the physical world..." and
"... abruptly returned to the physical world..." suggest those within the circle are not on the physical world while there. HW:RiG is noncommittal either way, not mentioning what happens in a circle, just that you can get to the Spirit World 'through' one.

Now, as we know from Roderick's previous posts that embodied spirits (including those 'embodied' in fetishes) do NOT suffer the Alien World modifier, if your assertion is correct, once spirits are bound or Integrated, their Might should increase by 20 points!

Wulf