Subject: Re: Re: items in narrative

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:28:16 +0100

> From: "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...>
>I agree - anything that happens "in play" - ie with the knowledge of
>the GM is pretty much related - even if it has very little to do with
>the adventure in hand - because it is "in play" the GM has the
>opportunity to veto or improvise, or spin new plot off your
>decision. "Out of play" gives them much less scope for doing the
>same.

OK, but what about cases where the player does things in play that can't be vetoed. For example, he takes an axe and shield and practices axe and shield fighting. Can he then at the end of the session claim increase in close combat, or gain the axe & shield fighting speciality at related cost (I'd say no). I don't think that simply doing something in play means the same as "related to session". Not a big deal though, each narrator should make his own judgement.

Thom