Re: Re: Animist Question

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:37:31 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> >Given
> >that the original discussion was restricted to spirits that DON'T suffer
> >the alien world modifier,
>
> No.

Well the discussion that Wulf and I are trying to have is as described above. If thats not what you are talking about, the major problem we are going to have in reaching an agreement is that we aren't actually discussing the same thing.

The comment has been floated around that "spirits bound to fetishes are not subject to the alien worlds modifier". A postulate has been put forward that this is because they are somehow "embodied". You have criticised this on the basis that ghosts aren't embodied. But you also now say that ghosts are subject to the alien world modifier.

Unless there is some subtlty to your point I am missing (in which case please explain without trying to score cheap points...) this seems totally irrelevant as a criticism of the theory.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net