Re: Re: sloppy work in the Narrator's book

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:23:18 +0100

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 00:08:52 +0300 (EET DST), Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_utu.fi> wrote:

>> Falls under the fleeing deer's hooves, down a cliff, gets half-drowned
>> in a river, finds a bigger, nastier puss stalking the deer that
>> doesn't like amateurs messing up it's dinner, etc. etc. etc. :) maybe
>> it finds that snake...

>Ah, but this is a part of the problem. Hunting deer just isn't that
>dangerous. That's what got me thinking this...

No, it isn't, but you are the one who MADE it dangerous by having a -20 AP end result! that means the final AP loss was in excess of 20 AP, either someone fumbled (it's not risk-FREE) or someone got desperate & bid really high. I can't offhand remember an extended contest we've had that ended under -15 or so AP. I'd say they are, in general, lacking in realistic risk.

Wulf