Subject: Re: Re: sloppy work in the Narrator's book

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:06:38 +0100

> From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
>
>No, it isn't, but you are the one who MADE it dangerous by having a
>-20 AP end result! that means the final AP loss was in excess of 20
>AP, either someone fumbled (it's not risk-FREE) or someone got
>desperate & bid really high. I can't offhand remember an extended
>contest we've had that ended under -15 or so AP. I'd say they are, in
>general, lacking in realistic risk.

That reminds me of my last game. The players were being slowly ground down by a a devotee of Yanafal Tarnils and his followers. The lawspeaker on only 6 APs finally decides enough is enough and bids all his starting APs. Jumping forawrd twirling his staff a mademan about his head. He rolls a natural one and the opponent a 14 (a fail due to canceled masteries). In a single exchange he slays all three followers and injures the devotee.

In the previous session the Vingan god-talker took out a Berserk Uroxi who was holding onto her spear with a summersault ending in a flying scissorkick to his head.

Thom