Re: Tornadoes

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:39:35 -0000

> When was the last time a tornado in the UK killed or injured
anyone, or
> even did any property damage?

Last week, I think... (damage that is, I never heard of a death). While I doubt we get more tornados than the US, or even more per square mile, we certainly do get them, they make great TV (even though the best programme had the excreable Richard Madeley narrating). Well, when I say 'we', I mean the English, not here in Scotland (England has floods now, so I'm looking forward to the volcanoes in Surrey :) They're small, but are filmed occasionally ripping off roof slates, demolishing greenhouses, and creating waterspouts.

Wulf