RE: mythical landscape and critters.

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:57:13 -0500

|From: Mikko Rintasaari [mailto:mikrin_at_...]
|> However, the prevalence of the rather Oriental-seeming Dragons and
|> dragonewts in Dragon Pass has always seemed a curious combination.
|
|Oriental dragons are way different. The dragons of DP seem rather
|european.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, but the Dragonewts always seemed very "inscrutable", very Oriental, especially before we knew much about Kralorela.

|I agree heartily. I'm just saying that American flora and fauna don't
|seem to fit with the orlanthi. At least not for me.

It never has bothered me before. I take Glorantha on its own terms, and don't try to measure it by how closely it corresponds to the real world; I don't mean to say that you do, but I'm not sure why it bothers you so much. There are satyrs and centaurs and minotaurs in Beast Valley; just because those are characteristic of Greek myth, does that bother you, too?

Guy