RE: Re: mythical landscape and critters.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:48:14 +1300

Guy Hoyle:

>Hmm, I've never actually seen any proof of this, although that's what I've
>always assumed. Do you know where the two deities originated, then? I seem
>to recall that CA is also part of the Pelorian pantheon; however, LM doesn't
>ever seem to have been a part of it.

Lhankor is described as being the son of Mostal and Orenoar although the dwarves don't appear to have heard of him. There's some bad blood between him and the westerners but I don't know any details. However he pretty much is part of the storm pantheon come the Golden Age (cf the myth of the first ring in KoS which describes him as Lhankor Knowing).

Chalana Arroy OTOH is not worshipped in Peloria although a very similar goddess, Erissa, is. She probably was from the Emperor's Tribe and switched during the Golden Age seeing how harsh and oppressive his rule was. She also has some sort of mythic connection with the elves but I think this takes place during the Age of the Taker whereupon a mythic connection between her and Eron/Arroin was made.

--Peter Metcalfe