Re: climate varying

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:04:21 -0000

> Or for a definitive example, the Caladran Volcano is so hot it can
> "redden the face of a man standing on the Solung Plateau nearly
> thirty miles away..." Glorantha: Intro p134. Although that was
> put in to justify the jungle surrounding it and not a forest as some
> have suggested it should be.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Possibly, but when we were in Iceland you could feel the heat from the
lava on your face and we were about 1/2 mile distant. Even something as 'small' as an iron foundry or the pouring of a slag heap has a remarkable heat bloom.

Standing 500' from the Dofasco coking oven in Hamilton when they were pouring the charge resulted in my getting a rather painful 'sunburn.' Something like the Lodril volcano in Esrolia would be... magnificent in full glory.... from a distance.

Maybe its just me but the real world's pretty impressive. Magic makes
it more so.

Jeff